The Book Trust encourages education and research about Scottish islands in various ways:
- Through our events, publications, and broadcasts
- Through our close links with 3 archives described below: (1) the Angus Macleod Archive; (2) the Derek Cooper Collection; and (3) the Callicvol Collection
- Through our joint funding of the GAMA (Gatliff Angus Macleod Archive) award described below
- Through the "Ar Dileab" project, an online resource for schools involved in Gaelic Medium Education, in partnership with Comhairle nan Eilean Siar
- Through developing partnerships with UHI and Aberdeen University History Department
We particularly encourage people of all ages to visit us at the Ravenspoint Centre, Kershader, South Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9QA, where the Angus Macleod Archive and Derek Cooper Collection are located, immediately adjacent to a 14-bed hostel, community shop, and tea-room owned by Co-Chomunn na Pairc (the Pairc Community Co-operative). For further details, please phone Margaret Macdonald of the Book Trust on 01851 880737, or Margaret Maclennan of Co-Chomunn na Pairc on 01851 880236.